Experience the magic of Christmas in Batavia with your family and friends at Batavia’s Celebration of Lights on Sunday, Novermber 27.
Stroll Christmas Tree Lane, featuring 25 holiday trees decorated by local organizations and businesses, and enjoy all the festive bright lights and sounds of the holiday season. Festival activities include the Mayor’s tree lighting ceremony, free hayrides with a food donation to the Batavia Food Pantry, a community sing-a-long, a performance by The Batavia Community Band, a story hour, holiday craft activities and a family photo opportunity with Santa. The Depot Museum also will be hosting a special exhibit celebrating Batavians’ holiday traditions.
Schedule of Events
- Free hayrides with a food donation to the Batavia Food Pantry
- Free treat
- Family photo opportunity at Peg Bond Center main stage
- Performance by The Batavia Community Band
- Holiday crafts in City Hall
- Magic of Batavia – Celebrate Batavians’ holiday traditions at the Batavia Depot Museum’s special exhibit
- Community sing-a-long led by Craig Foltos, Foltos Tonsorial Parlor
- Santa’s Arrival
- Welcome by Mayor Schielke and Ceremonial Tree Lighting
- Santa’s Warming House: Visit Santa in the Peg Bond Center and receive a treat from Santa (for children younger than 10, while supplies last)
- Announcement of Christmas Tree Lane winners (People’s Choice, Best Holiday Spirit and Most Original Theme)
- Story Hour hosted by the Batavia Public Library at the Gustafson Research Center, located in the lower level of the Batavia Depot Museum