• The Latest Style
  • Recent Review

    Carpentersville Man Charged in Elgin Double Murder

    Authorities charged man today with the death of two men who were shot during an April 10 gunfight that ended up hospitalizing 4 people in addition to the deceased.

    After a lengthy investigation by the Elgin Police Department, a 34-year-old Carpentersville man was charged with 2 counts of First-Degree Murder, a Class X Felony, and 4 counts of Attempted First Degree Murder, also a Class X Felony.

    On Saturday, at approximately 2:00 p.m., Mr. Johnson was taken into custody without incident in the 0-100 block of Evergreen Lane in Carpentersville by the Major Investigation Division and Special Investigation Division with the assistance of the Carpentersville Police Department.

    Today, Mr. Johnson was transported to the Cook County 3rd District Courthouse in Rolling Meadows, where he appeared before a judge this afternoon. The judge set his next court appearance for May 27, 9:00 a.m. at the Cook County 3rd District Courthouse in Rolling Meadows. Mr. Johnson was given no bond.

    “We appreciate the Elgin community’s patience as detectives worked diligently to make an arrest,” stated Elgin Chief of Police Ana Lalley. “We also appreciate the community members who provided information to assist in the investigation. I am extremely proud of all the detectives and officers involved in this case who worked so hard and persistently to bring a swift resolution and ensure justice for the families and friends of the victims to which I also wish to express my condolences to. This arrest is a direct result of the incredible professionalism and knowledge displayed by the members of the department. I would also like to thank our local and federal law enforcement partners who provided assistance with this investigation.”

    On Sunday morning, April 10, at 1:59 a.m., Elgin police officers responded to the 800 block of Congdon Ave for a reported shooting.

    They found five people with injuries who were subsequently transported to area hospitals. Officers were later notified of a sixth subject with injuries that had self-transported to a local hospital.

    Preliminary information indicated that this incident occurred during a gathering and appeared to be an isolated incident. Two of the victims subsequently died from their wounds.

    • Show Comments

    • Cindy

      “Mr.” Johnson?? Why aren’t you giving his first name?

    Comments are closed.

    You May Also Like