A Gilberts man has been arrested and charged with Attempted First Degree Murder and other crimes in connection with a May 20th shooting incident in Elgin.
On May 20th, 2023 at 3:02 p.m., Elgin police responded to the area of N. McLean Boulevard and Eagle Road for a reported shooting. Officers located an adult male subject with non-life-threatening injuries who was subsequently transported to an area hospital.
After investigating the incident, a 34-year-old Gilberts man was arrested and charged by the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office with the following:
- Attempted First Degree Murder (Class X felony)
- Armed Habitual Criminal (Class X felony)
- Aggravated Battery with a firearm (Class X felony)
- Aggravated Discharge of a firearm (Class 1 felony)
- Three (3) counts of Unlawful Use of a weapon (Class 2 felony)
- Two (2) counts of Aggravated Unlawful Use of a weapon (Class 2 felony)
- FOID Card Violation (Class 3 felony)
The accused appeared in Kane County bond call this morning where the Judge set his bond at $750,000 (10% to apply).