The Elgin Symphony Orchestra has announced details of its 74th season featuring six classical programs. Season subscription packages for the 2023-24 programs went on sale Wednesday, March 1, at www.elginsymphony.org. Subscriptions can also be purchased by calling the ESO box office at (847) 888-4000 Tuesday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
“Our 74th season will be an exciting one for our community and our patrons. We’ve planned a robust concert schedule, and we look forward to welcoming our new music director to lead us into this new season,” said Marc Thayer, CEO of the ESO. The new music director is expected to be named soon after the current concert season ends in May.
The award-winning ESO is known for world-renown musicians and soloists and the 2023-24 season will be no exception. The season will open Oct. 7 with internationally acclaimed opera star Christine Brewer in Richard Strauss’ poignant Four Last Songs. Other highlights of the season include:
- Brahms lyrical Double Concerto.
- The virtuosity of Imani Winds flutist Brandon Patrick George.
- One of Mozart’s dazzling Violin Concerti with ESO Concertmaster Isabella Lippi as soloist.
- Master of the keyboard Orli Shaham in Robert Schumann’s romantic Piano Concerto.
- Beethoven’s immortal ode to brotherhood, the 9th Symphony.
Those who purchase a season subscription by April 21 will receive all six concerts for the price of five and preferred seating for all six performances, along with additional subscriber benefits, including the ability to order tickets to popular ESO events, such as Holiday Spectacular, before they go on sale to the public.