• The Latest Style
  • Recent Review

    Two Men Charged In Oakbrook Center Shooting – Update

    (Police are still searching for the man pictured above in relation to the Oak Brook Mall shooting last week.)



    DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert B. Berlin and Oak Brook Chief of Police James Kruger have announced charges against two suspects in relation to the December 23 shoot-out at Oak Brook Mall.

    A 32 year-old Chicago man has been charged with five counts of Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm (Class 1 Felony) and one count of Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon (Class 3 Felony). A 29 year-old Chicago man has been charged with one count of Aggravated Battery – Discharge of a Firearm (Class X Felony), four counts of Aggravated Discharge of a firearm (Class 1 Felony) and one count of Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon (Class 4 Felony).

    Bond was set at $1 million with 10% applied to each.

    “The allegations that these two men opened fire in a crowded mall of between fifteen to twenty thousand people, on one of the busiest shopping days of the year are evidence of an unconscionable degree of violence and a complete and utter disregard for public safety,” Berlin said. “Make no mistake, in DuPage County public safety is our top priority and anyone who commits this type of violent crime in DuPage County will be apprehended, charged and, if found guilty, face a significant amount of time behind bars.”

    “On December 23rd, members of the Oak Brook Police Department performed heroic actions running toward gunfire that not only placed, what we came to learn, the perpetrators in custody but also took immediate lifesaving action to save the life of one of the defendants,” added Kruger. “Words cannot describe the amount of pride I have for our officers and for law enforcement as we received a tremendous amount of support from surrounding agencies who selflessly responded to our call for assistance.”

    The next court appearances for the suspects are scheduled for arraignments on January 19 and 20, respectively. Both cases will be heard in front of Judge John Kinsella.


    According to multiple reports, two men from Chicago have been charged in last week’s shooting at Oakbrook Center Mall.

    The DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office said the suspects, a 29-year-old male and a 32-year-old male, are due in bond court at 9 a.m. this morning.

    Police say a third suspect remains at large (see photo above).

    The shooting between the two suspects and one companion at the Oak Brook Mall Thursday, December 23, left 4 victims and 1 suspect injured.

    At approximately 5:44 pm that evening, two suspected shooters and one companion were involved in a confrontation, leading to an exchange of gunfire on the second floor in the Nordstrom wing, near Ann Taylor, at Oakbrook Center. An unconfirmed number of shots were fired, injuring four people and 1 of the shooters.

    A bystander described as a female in her 40s was shot in the left thigh; another female in her 40s was shot in the left thigh; and a female in her 20s was shot in the right foot. The fourth victim, a female in her 20s, fractured her ankle while fleeing from the scene.

    The gunshot victims were transported to Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, while the female with the fractured ankle was taken to Elmhurst Hospital.



    You May Also Like

    [yarpp]