Experience the magic of Batavia with the Celebration of Lights Festival, Sunday, November 28 from 5pm to 7pm at the Batavia Riverwalk.
Hayrides, holiday craft activities, old-fashioned ornament-making, a community sing-a-long, ceremonial tree lighting, a visit with Santa, story hour and the ever-popular Christmas Tree Lane!
The festival is presented by the Batavia Park District in partnership with Batavia MainStreet, the Batavia Chamber of Commerce, the City of Batavia, and the Batavia Police Department.
This event is free and no registration is required.
- Free hayrides with food or $1 cash donation (proceeds directly benefit the Batavia Food Pantry)
- Free treat
- Family photo opportunity at the Peg Bond Center’s main stage
- Hot chocolate for sale
- Holiday craft activities inside City Council Chambers
- Old-fashioned ornament-making for all ages at the Depot Museum, main level
- The Batavia Community Band performs
- Christmas Tree Lane – Featuring 25 holiday trees decorated by local organizations and businesses
- Community sing-a-long led by Craig Foltos, of Foltos Tonsorial Parlor
- Arrival of Santa
- Welcome by Mayor Schielke & Ceremonial Tree Lighting
- Santa’s Warming House: Visit Santa at the Peg Bond Center warming house and receive a treat from Kris Kringle himself (for children younger than 10, while supplies last)
- Announcement of Christmas Tree Lane winner
- Story Hour hosted by the Batavia Public Library at the Gustafson Research Center, located in the lower level of the Batavia Depot Museum