Wisconsin Dells is excited to welcome visitors back to “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” We know how special a place this is to many families. After all, we have been welcoming visitors for over 150 years! You may be wondering what to expect before you pack up the family and head up to the Dells, so we break down some helpful tips for you to plan your summer family vacation with confidence.
Top Tips to Make the Most of Your Next Wisconsin Dells Trip
Wisconsin Dells is still the vacation destination you know and love, but as you begin the planning process for your next Wisconsin Dells trip, please keep in mind some things may have changed since your last visit to the area. But one thing that hasn’t changed is our small-town hospitality and ability to deliver quality products and services for you and your loved ones.
Area businesses continuously work to keep their spaces safe and welcoming to all. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect along with some helpful tips to better prepare for your upcoming Wisconsin Dells getaway.
We know there are many must-see and must do’s while in Wisconsin Dells, but it’s best to have multiple itinerary options readily available just in case. Most businesses are open, but some may be operating on reduced hours or limited capacities, so be prepared to purchase tickets or make reservations ahead of time.
Plan for increased safety and sanitation procedures for both visitors and staff.
We make doing your homework easy. Head over to www.wisdells.com and plan out your trip itinerary using our Trip Builder Tool, browse our blog section for seasonal ideas and if you haven’t done so yet, order the free 2020 Wisconsin Dells Vacation Guide or view the digital version online.
2. CALL AHEAD
Some businesses have had to make adjustments to accommodate new health and safety standards. These adjustments might affect normal operations so it’s best to contact local businesses directly regarding hours, capacity & increased sanitation efforts. Things are changing and updating all the time, so verifying information is the best way to ensure a more streamlined visit.
3. GET OUTDOORS
The Wisconsin Dells area is home to dozens of natural and outdoor attractions. Three state parks lay on the outskirts of town along with public lakes, the Wisconsin River and nature trails. Outdoor attractions are a great way to enjoy the scenery while maintaining safe distancing. Remember, many popular attractions can fill up fast on weekends, so call ahead if tickets are needed, or better yet, book your trip during the week.
4. FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES
Follow all safety guidelines set forth by local health officials. Give your fellow visitors 6-feet of space, wash your hands, and/or use hand sanitizer often, and please stay home if you or anyone in your party feels ill. It is not required to wear a mask in public spaces in Wisconsin Dells, but individual businesses may require one so having one handy wouldn’t be a bad idea.
5. BE COURTEOUS
Please remember this is bigger than all of us: respect people’s space and business decisions. Patience is key. Things might move a little slower or take a bit longer. Remember we are all figuring this out together so we all can enjoy the area…together.
We want to make sure everyone has an enjoyable visit to the Wisconsin Dells area. One of the best ways to ensure a successful vacation is to do your research. Rules and guidelines can change, so make sure you check in with businesses regularly.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR VISIT:
Now that you have a vacation to “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” on your calendar, we have some ideas to help make the most out of your time while in Wisconsin Dells.
- Wisconsin Dells has plenty of spacious lodging options, including standalone villas, homes, cottages, campsites and more. Many rental properties lay along natural areas offering trails right outside your front door, allowing for maximum seclusion in nature. Also, several waterpark resorts offer villas and condos for the ultimate spacious experience.
- There is no shortage of flavor in town and Wisconsin Dells restaurants offer a variety of ways to bring all the deliciousness right to you. Dining options include dine-in, delivery, outdoor seating and to-go options. Wisconsin Dells is home to some iconic restaurants, including Ishnala Supper Club, voted #1 Supper Club in the state of Wisconsin. Fun fact, the Wisconsin Dells area has six distinct winery experiences all in close proximity to each other, including one of the state’s oldest wineries. Not to mention three breweries, all offering unique Wisconsin based microbrews.
- The list of outdoor attractions and activities in Wisconsin Dells is endless. Guided river tours on the Wisconsin River bring visitors up close and personal to the iconic sandstone bluffs, and nearby Mirror Lake provides a scenic and serene stand-up paddleboarding experience. Outdoor attractions allow for social distancing while keeping families together.
- Don’t forget to check out the extensive music scene while in town. Wisconsin Dells businesses offer live entertainment and music well into the fall at outdoor patios and other spacious venues. Free musical entertainment can be heard nightly downtown Wisconsin Dells throughout the summer.
- We know how important souvenirs are; some iconic Dells gifts include fudge, moccasins, cheese and more. Many businesses offer curbside pickup or online purchasing options. You can even get delicious Wisconsin Dells fudge shipped directly to your home.
- Outdoor waterparks may require pre-purchased tickets or might have restrictions in place such as limiting waterpark access to resort guests only. So, purchase tickets online ahead of time to ensure a stress-free visit.
The Wisconsin Dells Visitor and Convention Bureau is here to help you throughout the planning process. Visit us online anytime at www.wisdells.com to find helpful planning tools and a digital version of the 2020 Vacation Guide or give our friendly Welcome Center staff a call at 608.254.8088. Our Welcome Center is conveniently located in downtown Wisconsin Dells to help with any questions or recommendations while you’re in town. Remember to use our hashtag #LoveTheDells to share your Wisconsin Dells memories.