From That’s Some Good Cookin’
(Recipe been doubled for best results)
• 2 large boxes (6 ounce) strawberry or strawberry/banana Jell-O
• 2 cup boiling water
• 6 bananas, peeled and mashed (I put the bananas on a plate and mash them with the tines of a fork.)
• 4 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries with juice, defrosted
• 2 (20 ounce) cans of crushed pineapple, drained
• 3 cups of sour cream,
1. In a large bowl, stir Jell-O and the 1 cup boiling water together until the jello is completely dissolved.
2. Add the mashed bananas, strawberries with juice, drained crushed pineapple, and pecans (optional). Stir to blend.
3. Pour half of the Jell-O mixture into a 9″ x13″ glass dish. Spread evenly. Chill until set. This goes quickly because of the low moisture content in the Jell-O. Set aside the other half of the jello – do not chill or else it will set.
4. Once the jello in the dish has set, gently spread the sour cream evenly over the Jell-O. Before spreading the sour cream, you may want to stir it to loosen it and make it more of a spreading consistency.
5. Pour the remaining half of the Jell-O mixture over the sour cream, gently spread evenly, cover and chill until jello is set.
6. The Jell-O can be cut into squares if desired for serving. Otherwise – serve it family style and let everyone scoop out their desired portion.
The original recipe can be found at http://tsgcookin.com/2010/12/strawberry-banana-and-pineapple-jello/