The city of St. Charles has announced its St. Charles Memorial Day Ceremony where citizens are encouraged to show respect for our troops who have given their lives in service to our country, and to thank our local veterans. The ceremony is Monday, May 31 at 9:30 a.m. at the Freedom Shrine along the river, west of the former St. Charles Police Station, 211 N. Riverside Ave.
The Memorial Day Service is led by Event Coordinator Lt. Colonel Mark Powell, (Ret.) and will include:
- St. Charles Mayor Lora Vitek delivering remarks and reading the Annual Proclamation
- Keynote Address from local veteran Anthony Catella
- “Taps” played by resident Jim Stombres, former band director for St Charles North High School
- 21-Gun Salute led by Bob Huber of the VFW
- Siren at City Hall will sound off during the ceremony
Those attending are requested to wear a mask and maintain proper social distancing. For more information, contact Event Coordinator Lt. Colonel Mark Powell at email@example.com 630.329.6444.