The St. Charles Business Alliance is now accepting applications for entry in the 2019 St. Charles Scarecrow Festival Scarecrow Contest. The festival will run from Friday, Oct. 11 through Sunday, Oct. 13.
Individuals, families, businesses, clubs, schools and not-for-profits interested in entering the contest may do so by completing and returning the Scarecrow Contest entry form or filling out the online form by Sept. 27. There is no entry fee.
Applications and information about the event can be found at https://www.stcalliance.org/.
St. Charles Business Alliance Executive Director Jenna Sawicki said the Alliance is looking forward to hosting this year’s Scarecrow Fest.
“We are hoping for some great weather so everyone can come out and enjoy this great, community event,” Sawicki said.
This will be the 34th annual Scarecrow Festival, an award-winning, three-day event featuring the scarecrows displayed in Lincoln Park with live music, entertainment and vendors. With the main event comes the Autumn on the Fox Arts and Crafts Show at Pottawatomie Park, the Windy City Amusements Carnival at 3rd and Cedar Street, the W.A.R. on Wheels Bike Ride and more.
Categories for the Scarecrow contest:
- Mechanical Category – Open to all. Limited to nine entries.
- MEGA Scarecrows Category – Open to all. Limited to 12 entries.
- Clubs, Not-for-profits, Schools – Open to all clubs, Not-for-Profits, and Schools
- Individuals Category – Open to all individuals not affiliated with a business or organization
- Family Category – Entries to be created by children 12 and under with limited 13+ assistance.
- Business Category – Open to all businesses.