Easy One-Pan Meal
I tried for years to make a masala or curry dish that rivaled the local restaurant I frequent but it seems as though the answer was simply- ‘keep it simple’.
This recipe is easy, accessible and totally satisfying. You can add chicken as well, or add cabbage, cashews, spinach etc and turn it into a Buddha Bowl! YUM!!
What You Need:
- 1 white onion
- 3 med zucchini
- 28 oz diced tomatoes in juice
- 28 oz tomato puree
- 3 15oz cans of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, thoroughly rinsed
- 3 TBSP minced garlic (I r=prefer fresh as it’s less sweet)
- 1/2 cup organic heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or a fresh, diced pepper of your choice)
- 1 tsp each: cumin, pepper, coriander
- 1 TBSP each: curry powder, turmeric
- salt to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- coconut oil
What You Do:
Sauté the onion in coconut oil about 2 minutes (and the fresh pepper, if you choose to use this instead of cayenne).
Add zucchini and sauté until onion is until translucent/tender and zucchini is tender.
Add tomatoes, puree, chickpeas and spices and simmer about 20 minutes on low.
Stir in whipping cream to fully incorporate and enjoy!