Popular Midwest Resort Announces Winter & Holiday Programming* Ideal for Socially Distant Staycations in Homes & Villas
A safe and successful summer and fall season at Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa (Eagle Ridge) in Galena, Illinois has paved the way for staycations and easy getaways for this winter. More than 200 villas and homes ranging in size from one to eight bedrooms are ideal for couples, families or small groups to take in the winter fun around The Galena Territory. Homes can be booked directly at www.eagleridge.com, and families can bring pets, celebrate family events together, or even spend some mid-week time e-learning and working while being close to nature and all the activities that Eagle Ridge has to offer. The beloved resort is a short drive from most Midwest cities including the Quad Cities, Chicago, Ill, Des Moines and Dubuque Iowa, Madison, Wis, and St Louis, Mo.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming guests this winter for safe and invigorating vacations,” said Colin Sanderson, director of sales and marketing at Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa. “The homes and villas on our grounds allow groups to have their own space to explore the 6,800 acres of The Galena Territory. Wi-Fi in all our rooms allow for easy connections to school or work, and all of our restaurants have takeout options. As weather permits, guests can still hike, bike, golf, fish, and horseback ride. Colder weather activities including sledding, ice skating, and even indoor golf with our new Trackman golf simulator can be arranged at our popular Nordic Center,” Sanderson continued.
Nordic Center, Winter Activities, weather permitting
Eagle Ridge’s Nordic Center is located in the resort’s new Highlands complex and is accessible to all resort guests and includes a wide arrange of products and services including purchasing the winterwear and rental equipment for a variety of activities, including:
- Snowshoeing. Rent snowshoes anytime or choose a group hike.
- Ice Skating. Rent or bring skates and enjoy one of the most scenic outdoor skating rinks in Illinois.
- Sledding. The 10thhole of The General Course makes an ideal sledding hill enjoyed by both kids and adults. Guests can bring their own sleds, and they are also available for rent.
- Ice Fishing. See what the fuss is about – try ice fishing on the banks of Lake Galena.
- Stonedrift Spa. For a relaxing break, the resort’s Stonedrift Spais open and available for guests to enjoy safely, with monthly and daily specials.
- Downhill skiing.With Chestnut Mountain just minutes away, the Ski and Stay Package provides the opportunity to spend the day skiing and then come home to the quieter atmosphere of Eagle Ridge.
Weather permitting, in addition to hiking and biking, guests can enjoy horseback riding at the Shenandoah Riding Center, bird watching, and a dip in the indoor pool.
Events to Celebrate
- Christmas and New Year’s. Eagle Ridge can accommodate families and small groups that want to celebrate the holidays together safely. Special family-style menus for order-in Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinners will be available, along with safely distanced meals at Eagle Ridge’s restaurants.* As usual, no holiday would be complete without a visit from Santa, and 2020 will be a little different with a virtual visit from Santa Claus.
- Winter Carnival, February 12-15, 2021 over Presidents’ Day Weekend. With outdoor activities like ice carving contests, all-day bonfires, s’mores making, and balloon glows, the annual outdoor Winter Carnival is confirmed over President’s Day Weekend.
For questions about Eagle Ridge’s safety policies, packages, vacation homes, villas, and rooms, guests can visit www.eagleridge.com or call (800) 892-2269.
*Pending Covid-19 fluid new laws and regulations
About Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, weather permitting
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is located 150 miles west of Chicago within The Galena Territory, a 6,800-acre recreational, residential and resort community six miles southeast of the historic town of Galena, Ill. The resort’s grounds include 63 holes on four award-winning golf courses, and accommodations that range from quaint Inn rooms to more than 200 villas and distinctive homes. Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa has 15,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space and beautiful conference homes which regularly accommodate corporate groups, banquets and weddings. Other features include award-winning restaurants, a brand new golf complex with Highlands restaurant, Pro Shop and Country Store, the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, and an incredible selection of outdoor activities including miles of biking, hiking and horseback riding trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing on the picturesque 225-acre Lake Galena. For reservations or additional information, call (800) 892-2269 or visit www.eagleridge.com.
Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa
444 Eagle Ridge Drive
Galena, IL 61036