1.) Oops: I love my clothes to be crispy in the plastic from the dry cleaners.
- Try This: Remove the plastic from the clothes. Clothes need to air out. If they are held captive in plastic.
2.) Oops: I will wear my clothes someday and I will keep them all!
- Try This: Be Ruthless.
- Take an inventory of your clothes, there is no mercy…at all! If you don’t love it, need it or use it…out it goes! End. Of. Story.
3.) Oops: It was a gift (or it is expensive), so I must keep it.
- Try This: Items in my possession, I make decisions about. I never feel guilty.
- Everyone makes purchasing mistakes. Like Elsa says, “Let it go!” Is blessing someone else less fortunate with items you no longer wear something to cry over? No.
Remember, that $400 suit that’s two sizes too small on you may be worth a $40K salary to the job seeker. It makes you think doesn’t it?
4.) Oops: I wear clothes I hate, itch, or feel gross on me.
- This: Keep a donation bag or box in your closet. When you pull an item out and think, “ew,” put it in the donation bin.
It is a great way to keep your closet culled and not waste precious closet space on items you don’t want to wear.
5.) Oops: My hangers look like a rainbow! I see white and blue plastic, wire, and wood.
- This: Velvet hangers.
Velvet hangers are top dog! They keep clothes off the floor and streamlined. The high quality does not come at a high cost (think Costco), but it’s enough that a leather coat can hang on it, and the hanger will not break. Having all hangers the same color makes the closet, well, beautiful!
Dressed in three minutes or less is your goal every day, and it can be accomplished! Remember, if you don’t have time to get your closet in ship-shape order to create ease, That Girl Organizes is happy to help generate serenity in an afternoon for you! Call us, and we will take care of you 630.673.3637 or www.thatgirlorganizes.com