Valentine’s Day is one of those hallmark card days that you celebrate love with your partner. However there comes a time when it’s no longer about you and your partner. For those who have families and children that celebrate Valentine’s Day how do you make it special for the whole family? Here are The Local Moms 10 ways to make Valentine’s Day special for the whole family.
The Most important meal of the day is breakfast right? What better way to kick of the Valentine’s Day celebration with a special family breakfast!!
- Heart Shaped Pancakes
- Valentine’s Day Doughnuts
- Cinnamon Roll Hearts
- Heart Eggs
- Pink Cheerios
2. Decorate the House
Decorating the house sets off the vibes for Valentine’s Day. You don’t have to get extravagant you can do simple things.
- Heart Shape Door Wreath
- Fill a Mason Jar with Heart Shape Candies that have messages on them.
- Decorate your Three Tier Stand.
- Valentine’s Day Towels for the Kitchen and Bathroom
3. Spread Love
Cut heart shapes using construction paper in different shades of reds and pinks. Have each family member write nice messages or draw pictures and place them on the bedroom door with tape.
4. Make a Valentine’s Day Family Craft
So many crafts to do with the family. Some of our favs on Pinterest are:
- Tissue Paper Heart Suncatchers
- Valentine’s Day Heart Man Craft
- Hand Print Craft
5. Special Dinner Plans
Get the family all dressed up and go out for dinner to celebrate your loving family.
6. OR Stay Home and Make Dinner
It’s fun to a the whole family in on making dinner. Here are ideas for a Valentine’s Day themed dinner:
- Heart Shaped Pizzas
- Heart Shaped Quesadillas
- Fondue with Heart Shape Fruits and Cheese.
- Pasta noodles made out of hearts.
7. Enjoy Valentine’s Day Desserts
Fun to get the whole family involved in baking but for those who are not the baker type like me having someone else bake is totally acceptable too! Here are our favs:
- Chocolate dipped strawberries with heart shaped sprinkles
- Valentine’s day Popcorn
- Sugar Cookies with Valentine Sprinkles
- Rice Krispy Valentine Heart Shape
- Valentines Cupcakes
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs
8. Play a Valentine’s Day Game
Family game night is one of our favorite activities to do as a family. How fun would it be to make it a Valentine’s Day theme?
- Valentine’s Day Family Feud
- Valentine’s Day Bingo
- Heart a Stack
9. Snuggle on the couch for Valentine’s Day Movie Night
- Gnomeo and Juliet
- Lady and the Tramp
- Father of the Bride
10. Cuddle up and Read a Sweet book together before bedtime
- The Very hungry Caterpillar
- Love Matter Most
- My Dad Loves Me
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY FROM THE LOCAL MOMS!! FOR MORE INFO ON THE LOCAL MOMS FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM @THELOCALMOMS.