LivingWell Cancer Resource Center’s 6th Annual Winter Wine Festival: Saturday February 19th, 6:30-11:30PM
On Saturday evening February 19th 250 guests will gather at the beautiful private home of Ed and Karen French in Saint Charles for the 6th Annual Winter Wine Festival. This invitation-only, $250 per guest event benefits LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, a complementary cancer care center devoted to providing support and educational services to all those touched by cancer free of charge.
Local chefs & caterers donate and serve lavish hors d ‘oeuvres, and wineries & wine distributors join the Festival to pour their unique and interesting wines. A sushi bar and martini bar is available as well. Young musical talents fill the home with their music including the DePaul Men’s a Capella Choir, the “Third Street” jazz trio, “The Mark Sieber Project” string ensemble, and pianist Quinn Eink; the later three all students from Geneva.
Harris Bank is the presenting sponsor of the event. Town and Country Florist of Geneva will show case their floral creations through-out the home.
This cocktail attire event hosts a Live and Silent auction consisting of experiences, trips and once-in-a-life time items. The Festival’s jewelry event always draws the guest to the Dining Room where each guest has the opportunity to make a $100 donation to LivingWell in return for an opportunity to win a stunning custom piece of jewelry. The winner of this piece is announced immediately after the Live Auction. We are excited to announce Geneva’s down town jewelry store, State Street Jewelers as sponsors of this great jewelry event.
….An exclusive evening for wine enthusiasts and party goers to join in the support of those touched by cancer in our communities…….
o Hors d’oeuvres
o Sushi Bar
o Martini Bar
o Live and Silent Auction
o Wine Auction
o State Street Jeweler’s Event
Wine & Champagne for this year’s festival is being donated by Adelsheim Vineyard, Bookwalter Winery, Brix Wine and Cheese, Domaine Serence Winery, Duckhorn Vineyards, G. Gauthier Cellars, Heitz Cellar, King Estates, Mercer Wine Estates, Neo, Prasino, Tenzing Wine and Spirits, Vintage Wine Estates, and Winebow.
Hors d’ oeuvres are being provided by Bistro Thai, Chef James Place, Edible Arrangements, Enye, Fiora’s, Diamond Seafood, Graham’s Chocolate, Happy Cooking, il Giardino del Dolce, Josef’s Meats & Deli, The Latest Crave, My Chef Catering, Niche, Nosh, Onesti Dinner Club, Prasino, Reams, Rox at Hotel Baker, Rx Café, Tribella, Two Sisters & The Other One, Villa Verone, Wok n Fire, and Wildwood.
Phillips Distribution is providing organic Prairie Vodka for the martini bar.
Live and Silent Auction items include:
- In home dinner for 10, with executive chef, live jazz trio, flowers, invitations, photographer, wine expert and servers.
- A week in Villa Ventana, a 10,000 sq ft multi level villa perched over Pacific Ocean. Private Chef and butler and maid.
- A complete wine cellar. 100 bottles of wine from the “Wine Spectators Top 100” from 2009 and 2010, a wine bag, and tasting party for 10 with appetizers and Sommelier to pour and share information on your wines.
- A grand escape for 6 in Turk & Caicos with ½ day snorkel trip to Reef Island
- Napa/Sonoma Experience for 4 with private tour guide
- A Naples New Years! One week stay for 6 in beautiful 3600 sq ft condo with pool, includes 2 golf packages for 4 at two of Naples finest resorts.
- First class seats for 4 at BonJovi Concert, dinner and drinks
- Jay Leno taping for 2 with “meet and greet” with Jay
- VIP tickets to Black Hawks, Sox, Bears and Bulls
- Golf at Rich Harvest and Medina with Eric from the Mix
LivingWell Cancer Resource Center would also like to thank Animal House Veterinary Hospital, Comcast, DK Construction, Fox Valley Magazine, Fox Valley Women & Children’s Health Partners, Francissen Landscape Group, Inc., Gerald Nissan of North Aurora, Harris Bank, Hogan & Son, Kernel Fabyan’s, Donna Rogan, Mike Rogan, Laser Tech, Leopardo Construction, Robert and Carol Foster, Attorney Sheldon Engel, and Valley Air Services for their support.
Donations from various businesses are still being requested and may be added to this year’s event.